Saturday, May 9, 2009

Feeling good, but still need to lose some weight

Howdy, I've been hitting the hills and feel pretty good. I'm heading out tomorrow for at least an 80 miler, but am hoping for a century. I'll be on the Merlin since that is what I'll be riding in California. Not the Merlin, but a regular bike. I still need to lose some more weight, but the best way to lose that weight is a XC bike trip! However, I think that long of a trip is done and gone. That was a long time to be gone from home according to Ann and I have a tendency to agree with her. The California trip is fast approaching and I have to admit that I'm looking forward to it. More just to ride with my friends, but also just to test myself since it will be long and hard miles every day for five days. The Peckerheads ride again! It would be nice if all the Peckerheads were there, but a couple of them just aren't riding like they used to.

I took Ann to the bike shop today and I think I'll end up buying her a comfort bike as I think she'll be more comfortable on that than converting her Salsa to a comfort bike. I've found a really nice bike shop close to here, Cycle Sport, since they changed ownership and are now customer friendly. Plus they have top notch mechanics who are also bike geeks. So that's it for now as it's time to hit the sack as I'm planning on being up and on the road by 6:30. Later. Peace to all. Paul

No comments: