Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rain

Howdy, well the bent is on the road again! Woohoo! We've had 2.3 inches of rain in the last 15 hours so it's pretty wet out there so no riding today......unless the sun comes out strong and dries everything. I'm headed to Athens this weekend for the Tour of the Hocking.

TotH is a two day ride over Memorial Day that has an overnight on the Ohio River where we camp and enjoy the scenery and a gourmet dinner. A very good time had by all! The Athens Bicycle Club does a nice job on their rides. I'll be staying at Tom's house on Saturday night and cousin John's house on Monday night returning home on Tuesday so it will be a good weekend. The weather even seems to be cooperating as the long range forecast looks promising, but then reality will set in about Saturday, so here's hoping.

As I get older I think, why should I ride in the rain, but after my XC trip, riding in the rain doesn't really bother me. But I have to admit that it's hard to start out in the rain. Back in the old days when I was riding with the Peckerheads it didn't matter what the weather was, we rode every Sunday morning unless the snow was too deep! Later.

No comments: